Thursday, April 2, 2015

Week 5

Where to begin... One more week in the CCM!!!!  We are so lucky to live in such a wonderful place! In Grass Valley!!  Here we hear gun shots all the time so I asked our teacher how many deaths there are a week?  She said she didn't know but guessed about 20.  What the heck!  Thats why the cops have so many machine guns!!!  Mexico is awesome!  I wish I could serve here haha but I know the Lord knows best!!!  And I love him!!!  I heard so many wonderful spiritual stories and felt the spirit pretty strong this week!  I am so excited for conference. It is seriously only a dream to be able to attend conference by the people here... I feel bad cuz I'm like, I've gone twice! and they are like whaaa you are sooo lucky!!! 

 I miss the gym!  There are so many wonderful people there!!  The way we would always talk about sushi with Anne and Bruce and those delicious maxs deli sandwiches!  Oh they were so good!!  It is such an amazing place! 

I am so focused and can't wait to hit the field and actually help real ppl!  Spanish comes but super slow!  Our teachers are so awesome and we are able to teach full lessons... So far I have been lucky enough that the mission hasn't been that hard.  I have been so blessed with such an amazing district and so the hardest part was leaving home and then saying goodbye to all the people that are here now. I am leaving tuesday morning. God is so great!!! 

  I just want to say thank you to everyone for all your love and support.  It gives me strength as I strive to follow the example of Christ and give everything I have to those around me and then give some more.  If we think about how Christ lived his life, he always looked outward in helping those around him.  Think about how he suffered in the Garden of Gethesmane, bleeding from every pore, decending to the depths of hell so that we may have eternal life, and then when he was betrayed, Peter tried to defend Christ by slicing the ear of the person that was about to take Christ to crucify him.  And do you know what Christ did?  He healed that man´s ear.... Then Christ is on the cross.  Obviously he is completely spent and the words he says to the father is forgive these people for they know not what they do.  Why?  Why did Christ have to suffer?  He was so perfect and he was the one that will suffer more in this world than anyone.  But his example gives me strength.  Come onto me Christ says and be perfect even as my father in heaven is perfect.  What a perfect example....Accepting Christ into my life has been the best thing I could have ever done because no matter the trial, no matter the heartache, we know Christ is always there for us...  

One more week in this snow globe and then we will be able to meet some sweet people!  I am so grateful for those I have at home!  I miss you all and just want to let you know Mexico is awesome!!!  Latinos are so crazy awesome!!!  They have outlawed cuetes now which is sad but people still blow em up everywhere!  The language is going great!!!  It just takes time.  My companion is cool.  We are both going to Maryland on Tuesday and then I will let you know what its like from there.  I will forever miss the wonderful people I have met at the CCM.  It is crazy how alike we are and people can come from all over the world and we can get along like we have known each other forever!  How is the home life?  Thank you so much Brother Turner for the Letter!! You guys are sooo awesome!  Thank you Becky for such a great letter!  Digging is hard work!!  I miss you all and wish the best to you in this upcoming week!  Nothin too interesting happened this week but I'll keep you posted!  Peace!

Elder Cornejo

Bye to my best budy Marchent!!!

Just more friends leaving!  Ya the guy behind me is Red.  We call him Roho.  He turns purple when he gets sun burned.  Its so crazy!  He is so chill about it tho!
Hermana Fink is 6´3.  She is the one in white taking the picture.  All of these guys left!  So sad!  And the one with the candycane looking scarf apparently she knows Shannon from conference!! and I met her in Utah!  Crazy world!!!

Dog pile before my buddies left!!  We are gonna miss them so much!!!

All the guys from our zone!!  The guy on my shoulders is from Hawaii and we are def gonna have to reunion CCM at his place!  His brother was in the district!!


No comments:

Post a Comment