Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 70

Well there goes another week.  This week went by soo quickly!  We were literally in meetings everyday this past week!!  I can't believe it.  Tomorrow we have to instruct in Zone Training and we have barely had a second to breath!!  I got sick this last week so was dying in our meeting on Friday that lasted from 9:00am to 4:30pm in Frederick.  It was so awesome to be able to go back there for the day but sadly I didn't get to see any of the people.  I love them so much!  I am so grateful I servered there for so long.  Baltimore has been a trip this last week.  Nothing too crazy happened just the typical leaner falling out of their seat on the metro... what do they even take??  This last week was Elder Southwick's (my comp's )Birthday!!  Saturday we had so many ppl that we have been teaching come and celebrate his birthday with Carne Asada, and all that delicious hispacic food.  He even got the tres leches cake!  So fun!! I'll have to send pictures!!  but most spiritual event that happened this week would have to be a tie between the baptismal interview I conducted with Hno Ventura's brother from Frederick and the family home evening we had at Alvin and Briggit's house!!  It is probably one of the most amazing things to see the people that we have just taught and enterered into the waters of baptism feel and watch the holy ghost change their lives and see them turn around and do that same thing in helping their friends to do the same thing.  They see that truth light and happiness that the gospel of jesus Christ brings into their life and they invite those that want to hear it into their homes and to feel of the difference in spirit that is there.  IT is such an amazing and powerful witness that this truly is the lord's work and we are just instruments in his hands.  I am so grateful to be a missionary and all the connections, friends and experiences I have had to truly know that this is the truth.  I love you.  Have a great week!
Elder Cornejo

No comments:

Post a Comment