Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 67

I literally have zero time to write anything anymore.  We have been so busy.  I love it.  I can't even remember what we did last week!  Yesterday, we had some of the most amazing experiences that I have ever had in my mission.  We put Arly on date!  She chose the 13 of August to be baptized.  I pray that I can stay in Baltimore for that wonderful day.  Also, we had the most amazing lesson with Arly's and this morning.  She is from the Dominican Republic and she is so smart and has so much faith.  It really is amazing how much the Lord prepares his people.  She literally quoted genesis to us this morning and then when we started talking about Adam and Eve, she quoted 2 Nefi 2: 21-25 without ever reading it.  She just felt that if Adam hadn't eaten of the fruit, we wouldn't of been able to use our full agency, so he had to eat of the fruit so we could choose between good and evil.  I was absolutely shocked.  Then she started talking about how she wants us to help her family and she is just so amazing.  After that we started talking about temples.  Wow  it hit me for the first time today how truly important the temple is.  Rudy and Saida called me up this last week and told me that they had finished the temple prep class and are preparing to go thru the temple to be sealed as a family in February.  I look at the blessings of my mission and when I was there in front of Ramona, the spirit opened my understanding to really the reason that we baptize is so that people can go thru the temple and feel of that happiness.  Never in my life have I felt such a happiness than when I was in front of Ramona, testifying of Rudy and Saida being able to be baptized then in the future go thru the temple to be seald as a family.  LAst week I was trying to figure out what brings true happiness.  In that moment as I held the temple picture infront of Ramona and her family that I truly was able to understand our purpose in this life and the pure joy that alma talks about in the scriptures.  I have never felt anything like it in my life.  I am so grateful for this mission and the way it changes lives.  I love you.  Have a great week
Elder Cornejo

No comments:

Post a Comment