Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 68

Well this week was great!!  Ok funniest thing happened last night.  We were with the Familia Arismendi and they have the parents and then 3 kids, 2 of which are sealed in the temple.  We had the opportunity to read Mosiah 2:41 with them. 
 It states: 
41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

We decided to hold a testimony meeting and ask which commandment have you seen bring this state of never-ending happiness into their life,  Well after the majority had testified, Ketty who is 3 years old right in the middle of her mom's testimony as she is crying and testifying of the temple and the love she has for her children she, the little girl picks up 2 egg halves and puts them to her chest and starts walking around saying, "look now I have a chest like mommy"  
Everyone just about died laughing... what timing!!!  Pete the father says, "I have never been more proud of my little girl"  The incoence.. :)

But as we continued to talk it seemed like as each member testified of a certain commandment, each person had realized that even though that commandment was hard to live in the moment, it really had brought immense joy into their lives.  Then it hit me.  It really is a privilege to be able to live the commandments of the lord.  Paying tithing can be considered a privilege because it really does bring that happiness into our live when we are able to see the blessings of the lord.  Serving a mission walking in the hot sun and being rejected and lied to numerous times is a privilege.  Why?  Because that one moment for that one person that excepts this message and lets god change their heart forever is one of the most amazing blessings I have ever seen.  Watching people have the privilege of going to the temple after keeping the commandments of the lord really is the purpose of this life and to bring others there.  I am soo grateful for this privilege I have to serve my lord, and my father because it truly is a privilege.  I hope and encourage all to look at their priesthood duties as so.  I know this message really brings joy into ppls lives and I am so grateful for the ppl I have had to share it with and watch that never ending happiness really come into their life when they choose to follow the commandment of baptism.  It is such a blessing and we are so blessed.  I love you all so very much.  Have a wonderful week.
Elder Cornejo

I think we have way too much fun!  From Hiking to the temple, to encouraging the youth serve missions to helping people experience the most joy one can ever experience in this life!!  Missions are so awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment