Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 69

My crazy companion and ex companion 

Wow this week went by so fast!  I can't belive another transfer cycle has come and gone.  The good news is, we get to stay here in Baltimore for another transfer!!  At the end of this transfer I will have been serving in Baltimore for 7 months!  How did I get so lucky!!  Well we are teaching Maria Isabel's daughter,  We have set her to be baptized on the 13 of August.  You won't believe the change that has taken place in her life.  She is just the most amazing girl.  She is 11 years old but super smart.  Next we are working with the rest of the family and praying that they desire to get married and baptized.  So many miracles here in Baltimore..  
So this week we decided to join the sister of Maria Isabel in her church.  It was a penacostal church.  Let me just say it was the best thing ever.  I will admit it was a little hard on the ears but it was a party!!  Elder Southwick and I just sat there with gaping mouths as we watched people dancing and this one 5 year old boy rolling down the isle.  Maybe he was "caught up in the spirit" as well?  Ramona (our inv) just clapped and had the best time so that was pretty cool.  She just loves to know about god... I feel really bad tho because when they started playing the piano and this guy started singing everyone started going absolutely crazy.  They were dancing hands in the air.  Then we saw this one lady who had her hands in the air and was just doing circles...There were 4 ppl surrounding her so she didn't hit any ppl or walls.. she was "caught up in the spirit"  He was literally running aound hitting ppl.. I was laughing sooo hard I couldn't help myself, but apparently it was supposed to be serious and it was a very sacred thing because she had "received the gift of the holy ghost".  So naturally I had to share the scripture from the Acts 8 that states: 

 14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

 18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

 19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

One can only receive the holy ghost if it was received by the authority of god with the laying on of hands after baptism.  So...

We will see if they want us to come back... but man what an experience of a lifetime.  We have been seeing so many great things happen and there is so much to do.  I hope you all have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment