Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 58

So quote of the week:  Can you believe we were walking thru the hood and this suuper drunk lady stands up and looks around and says, "I think I must be in da hood.. cuz yall be wearing hoodies.."  yep that's classic Baltimore.. Elder Scott and I looked at eachother, did we really just hear that??  

This week was really great!  We found a new person to teach named Maria and her daughter.  The are from the Dominican Republic.  Oh my her Spanish is a completely different world!!  And let me tell you the food too!  She taught us how to make some Dominican food, let me just say its probably one of the best tasting things that I have ever had in my life!!! Plus I learned how to cook plantains! :)  It is such a blessing to be able to work with such a wide variety of people from all over central and south America!  We have seen so many miracles and experienced so many great things, there is never enough room to explain it all :/...

Miracle of the week:  Elder Scot and I get to stay in Baltimore together for another transfer!!!  The best thing ever!!

We had such an amazing lesson with well everyone.  The spirit has been so strong here in Baltimore.  So we made friends with one of the coolest famies. "The Ayalas"  They invited us over on Saturday, and then again on Sunday so that we could teach the oldest sisters guy friend, quote from the lil sister: "Don't worry its a boo thang, not a thang thang"...  Yep and she didn't even grow up in the city!!  So they asked us to teach him.  Really you don't understand how much of a miracle that is when a member family invites you to teach one of their friends!  Best thing ever!!  So we meet him he is a little interested but not too much.  We talk and he just says ya no I'm not really interested but that's ok.. So then we go inside the whole family is sitting round about and we all are laughing having a great time getting to know each other so I say would you like us to share a lesson?  She says sure!!  So we share a lesson about the atonement!  The spirit dropped upon the whole house like a bom! Afterwards he was excited and asked us for a pamphlet!!  And another friend that was over was so excited about what she had heard and felt she asked for a book of Mormon.  I have often wondered what type of missionary i am going to be after the mission because I know that being a full time missionary just won't be possible.  This experience with the Ayalas really was a great lesson for me that being an example for non members and inviting them into members homes is such a powerful experience.  Just by setting the example as members, we don't know how strong the impact of our morals has upon the non members.  It may not always be their time but never be afraid to invite and set that standard in the home that you are willing to pray, bless the food have a lesson with the missionaries, and when the questions come, that is a blessing!!  Thank you and I love you!  Hope you all have a great week!!
Elder Cornejo


So Felix took a bunch of goofy selfies when we went to Inner Harbor to play beach volleyball last preparation day.  It was awesome!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment