Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 59

Well I am completely out of time.  This week was great!  The people are awesome!!  We have a new district.  Everyone seems to be soo excited about the work.  It is going to be a great transfer!!!  Sorry I have no time but I wrote this to Monet thinking of all the challenges we face in this life... So I have no time but ill send it to you.  What are your thoughts?  I Hope you have a great week and continue learning!  We had one of the craziest things happen I'll have to tell you about it next time.  Love yall!!
Elder Cornejo

Yesterday in Sunday school we were learning about the atonement and the teacher wrote 3 words on the board:
sin,
death,
affliction
As he was talking the spirit revealed something to my mind that I had never thought about before.  Jesus Christ says, come unto me and be perfect even as I was perfect.  So let's start with the first part, Sin, obviously Jesus was perfect, but as he suffered in the garden of Gethamane he took upon him every sin that everyman and creature has ever committed.  So he has paid the perfect price for every sin that we have and ever will commit..
Now death: He died and everyman on earth will die as well to follow his example.  The same goes for the resurrection
And now Affliction:  Jesus Christ being the perfect person had to suffer more than any man ever know and will suffer in the history of time.  No us, being imperfect and even though we try our best to be perfect, there is no doubt in my mind that we were meant to taste of the same affliction that Jesus felt.  And since we feel of that affliction like he felt, there is no doubt in my mind that we will also feel of the same joy, the perfect joy that he felt when he overcame it all.  

It's all about the process.  In English after we take the steps of the doctrine of Christ, faith repentance baptism receiving the gift of the holy ghost, we need to ENDURE to the end.  I like the wording in Spanish better which directly translating states, "persevering until the end.

So a Mexican ship sailed to Baltimore from Mexico as a sign of Peace!!  They let us board it and look around.  It was so legit!!  Everything on it was beautiful!  I could even talk to the people that came up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment