Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 45

Another Week just flew by!!
So Jose did not get baptized this last week and you won't even believe why.  Crazy stuff happens in spanish work!! haha but we are praying for next saturday and we will see!!  The lord works in such mysterious ways.  Well we picked up a couple new investigators this last week and are excited to teach them.  The hardest part is that everyone works like 80 hours a week and unless we can meet with these people 2-3 times a week, it is hopless in helping them to "progress" as Adam would say.  But we are working closely with the Branch members and everyone is so excited for the wedding of Rudy and Saida on the 23 of January.  This week I learned a lot of lessons.  One is that every single time we are so close to doing something good!  Something absolutely terrible always happens...  Its funny, i actually look for the bad thing now that is about to happen when we are about to teach the first vision or something like that, because it never ever fails!  Its ridiculous!!  But anyway we had a great week!  This week i am going to work on giving the assignment of having every member in our branch put a testimony that they have in the book of mormon and give it to someone that they really care about.  As I read the bible and the book of mormon, there are so many people that know so much more than i or my companion.  But truly the only way one can know of the things we teach is through the Spirit of God...  Everytime we try to explain things logically, it never fails that someone just wont understand, but when they have the spirit, the scales of darkness really do fall from their eyes and the can really see feel and understand the actuality and the truthfulness of the plan god has for each of us.  I hope you will have the desire to know for yourself: 

1 Behold, it came to pass that I, Enos, knowing my fatherthat he was a just man—for he taught me in his language,and also in the nurture and admonition of the Lord—andblessed be the name of my God for it—  (Enos remembered the gospel truths he had heard in the past)

 2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had beforeGod, before I received a remission of my sins.  (He had to really pray)

 3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and thewords which I had often heard my father speakconcerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deepinto my heart.  (He MEDITATED and PONDERED the words he had heard)

 4 And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before myMaker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did Icry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.  (He had a true DESIRE to know and he put action behind it)

 5 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

 6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.

 7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?

 8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ,whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And manyyears pass away before he shall manifest himself in theflesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.  (HE was answered because he had FAITH)

Anyone can receive an answer in their lives but it is only if they want to receive it.  If you really want to know if this church is complete and true,  if you really want help in your life.  To feel free of Guilt and to experience a full joy that elsewhere no one can receive, ask god just as Enos did and i promise he will answer)  Nothing can hurt from asking... have a great week!!  
Elder Cornejo

No comments:

Post a Comment