Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Week 40

Quote of the week:  
Working hard for, something we don´t care about is called STRESS
Working hard for, something we love is called PASSION

This week was soooo awesome!!!I have like no time to relay it all cuz I was sending pictures and some Elders don't have a car so we need to go pick them up... But wow last week was so awesome!  I love Frederick so much!  I don't wanna leave before christmas but it looks like i will :((.... So first off we got to go to the temple two times this week!! Crazy right!! Friday we took Axel for the first time.  As I was baptizing him, I thought how crazy is this!! but it was sooo amazing!!  We showed him around temple grounds and he was just like I feel so good, I just wish I could stay here forever!!  

Then Saturday evening came and wow what a great day!  So as you know we are teaching this family of Saida... I talk so much about them cuz I love them so much!  Well we have been teaching her younger brother Kevin as well as her boyfriend Rudy.  Last Wednesday we taught kevin about the importance of baptism and the holy ghost again and he always comes up with crazy questions about it but we told him to think and pray about it.  So Saturday came and we went over again and we read Ether 4 with him..

It says:  
 11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken,him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and heshall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit heshall know that these things are true; for it persuadethmen to do good.

 12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. Forbehold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and thetruth of the world.

 13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show untoyou the greater things, the knowledge which is hid upbecause of unbelief.

 14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall bemade manifest unto you how great things the Father hathlaid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and ithath not come unto you, because of unbelief.

 15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief whichdoth cause you to remain in your awful state ofwickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind,then shall the great and marvelous things which have beenhid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea,when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with abroken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know thatthe Father hath remembered the covenant which he madeunto your fathers, O house of Israel.

 16 And then shall my revelations which I have caused tobe written by my servant John be unfolded in the eyes ofall the people. Remember, when ye see these things, yeshall know that the time is at hand that they shall be mademanifest in very deed.

 17 Therefore, when ye shall receive this record ye mayknow that the work of the Father has commenced upon allthe face of the land.

 18 Therefore, repent all ye ends of the earth, and comeunto me, and believe in my gospel, and be baptized in myname; for he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;but he that believeth not shall be damned; and signs shallfollow them that believe in my name.

Come unto God and he will give you knowledge.  You will know it is him through the power of the holy ghost and only by the holy ghost you can recieve all things.  Now Kevin told us that he felt the Holy Ghost  and agreed to be baptized on the 19 of December!  The spirit was so strong!!!  It was soo awesome.  We could not do this work unless god was leading it.  It saddens me when people will not and do not believe, but those who are closed minded, god cannot touch their hearts because they don't let him.  But when they do, when they really want to know this message is true, we are just the guides to testify and to lead his children back to him...

As I was sitting in sacrament, Saida got up to bear her testimony!  So powerful!  She said, I know i have not been active in the church for a while.  Part of the reason was the guilt that i had in coming back... but I know now that the atonement is real.  And that no matter what, we can return back to live with god... She said before her life was just ok... now its almost perfect!  And of course she had to announce the baptism of her brother kevin on Dec 19 to the whole congregation hahaha... They are so excited and so greatful and we as missionaries feel soo good that we were instruments in the hands of the lord.  This is soo real.  I testify of it and I'm here because god has personally told me this is his work through the power of the holy ghost.  I encourage you all to seek that witness because the Holy Ghost really does testify of truth!  have a great week!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment