Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Week 37

Ok I have to start with a story!!!!  I cant believe i forgot to tell this story last week... So when i was with my trio, elder tolley and elder de leon we were walking through a pretty high class neighborhood... So Elder De Leon was soo excited to go to this persons house because he had heard that they make really good food and it was really nice.  So as we were walking to the house these dogs start barking in the distance.  Elder De Leon says oh shoot i thought they were coming for us!  I respond oh those arent the dogs you have to watch out for, you have to watch out for the German shepard!  He says oh why?  I say sarcastically, cus he will bite your face off! We dont think much of it and we knock on this really nice door and they open up... I am in the front, elder tolley is to my right but walking a little behind me and elder de leon is in the back trailing... So she opens the door and says oh come in elders... the only problem is there is about a 120 pound german shepard right in front of me staring at me, he is literally 3 feet from me... He goes stiff like he is gonna pounce and the thought that goes thru my mind is oh shooot!!!  And if any of you have ever seen the movie K9, all i am thinking of is the part when he says Lunch Time!!... Well the dog pounces and goes straight for me but i am able to hit him in the head with my backpack and i spin to the left, but the dogs momentum caries him and he goes right for Elder De Leon!!!  This dog litterally flies towards Elder De leon and he moves just in time for the dog to get his mouth around Elder De Leon's arm!!!  I was like ohhh what!!!!  He spins and the dog flies to the ground, gets back up and starts barking like crazy at us!  It was sooooo crazy!!!!!  I was litterally in shock of what had just happened!!! Good times....
But ya as for the spiritual side of things we had such a great lesson with rudy this week!!  We taught him the plan of salvation and talked about how families can live together forever when they are sealed together by the power of god in his holy temple.  Rudy was so stoked.  He definately felt the truth of our message!  We invited him to be baptized but he still wants to wait a little.... Ana Garcia is another less active member that we have been working with and she finally went to institute this last week!! It was soo good!  We are seeing so many cool miracles.  Why is that a mircale?  Because when we are living our life in line with Gods, the windows of heaven open and possibilities come that we never thought possible...  I love this job! haha  Well my ponderizing scripture for this week was Ether 12:27... "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."  I have used this scripture soo many times this week!  There is a promise from god that if we go thru trials and put God first, he will then make week things strong unto us.  I know he lives and that my trials are now a testimony to me that I must continue to help those ppl that are ready.  I love you all  Hope you have a great week!!
Elder Cornejo



No comments:

Post a Comment