Thursday, July 23, 2015

Week 20

So these past two weeks have been soooo great!!! The lord works miracles.  LEt me tell you tho I am soooo tired!! First I wanna start with a funny story.  So last preparation day I went into this random haircutter place to get a hair cut and it was these people from vietnam who couldnt speak english really well.  But the hair cut was cheap so I decided to get a haircut anyway... well they start talking in whatever language they speak Vietnamese or korean idk but then when he was done cutting my hair he starts singing and chanting in Chinese.  I'm like what the heck!!! then he starts massaging my neck while singing for like 5 minutes.  I'm just like alright man you do you... I got a massage, a beautiful chinese chant from a 80 year old Nam dude and he even used one of those ole fashion shavers to clean up my neck!  I'll say it was a well spent $14.  As far as miracles,  We met a less active, started teaching her, asked to do practice lessons, she had a super hard life but we asked her about her baptism and she just lit up.  Her daughter and her came to church this last week for the first time in a long time and we are having a family home evening with all of them tonight!!  Then we met this other family and they know sooo much but the temple scared them, which was a mirical in itself that they trusted us enough to tell us that!  I have to find the Continuous Conversion for them. They are honestly sooo cool!!!  Then we met the coolest family ever last week- ok one of them cus i always say that, but they are pretty awesome.  From Mexico -29 years old and live together.  He is less active and she isnt a member!  Well this week someone from my area in Annapolis that the sisters were teaching finally got baptized!! She was 18, so they took us to see the baptism.  She thought she was doing me a favor but she felt the spirit so strong at the baptism and was like man i wanna be baptized!! Heck yes!! but she wants to learn more.  So yesterday we had the coolest lesson of just answering her questions and showing her how the BOM relates to the bible.  Its gonna take time and we dont wanna press her  or anything cuz lots of missionaries have tried and no success! Its soooo weird cuz i
I was litereally in her exact same spot!! It's sooo cool.  She's awesome!! I'm so excited!  And then we have another family we are working with.  The 9 year old son wants to get baptized and they all wanna come to church so we are trying to mend burnt bridges there!! And then we spent some time at another families house this week and they have a guy in is 20s that lives with them that apparently hates the missionaries but he sat in with us and was interested in learning.  The entire family was shocked!! It was so sweet and then after this lesson, this lady decided that she was going to bring one of her co workers to the baptism in Annapolis and she liked it a ton so now she wants to start taking the lessons... wholly tolido its sooo cool!!! I love just how many miracles we are seeing.  People have soo many hard trials in their life and this message that we share helps with that because it really isnt us that share it, but those around us and God, cuz this is what he asks of us.  Its so nuts why would God, the creater of all the universe and everything ask ppl like us to work and try to bring his words to the ppl.  If he really wanted ppl to believe wouldnt he just do it himself?  My question is if he did that, what would we learn?  Why would anyone serve ppl?  Why would we help one another if God gave us everything, we wouldnt need anything... its is so crazy how many things just fall into place when we just do what he asks of us.  I tell all the ppl i teach, im not here to change your religion or your beliefs, i am here to share a message that has changed my life for the better.  Its a message that we cannot fully comprehend unless we put in the work and have faith that this is the complete church.  IF we really put aside out desires and thoughts and ask ourselves for one second, if there was a God and he LOVED me, loved me more than i could comprehend, what would i do for him? what would he want me to do?  My focus for this week is what would anyone do if we really understood that there was some all powerful being out there who loved us, what could we gain and what would that mean to you?  Have a great week! 
Elder Cornejo

Waiting for the fourth of july fire works!!!  My new companion is the one on the left with red hair.  Hes a stud.  We have a ton of fun!  I tell him he looks like the guy from the italian job.  You shoulda seen him with long hair!!!  spittin image!


No comments:

Post a Comment